Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Panning

To take this photo, I took a picture of Cindy walking and followed her with the camera. The shutter speed was 1/80, which was not very high. That allowed the background to slightly blur and Cindy to stay in focus. The challenge with panning is making sure that the subject is in focus, NOT the background.
To take this image, I had a shutter speed of  1/40, which blurred the background, and focused Mr. P on the bike. I just followed him as he rode and the background was blurred because I focused on him.

For this picture, I followed the three runners with my camera. I focused on James before they started running, therefore James is the one who is mostly in focus. This was challenging because I had to take the image before they started running, because my shutter speed was so low to allow panning. 
 
To take this photo, I followed Mr. P as he did a funny walk. My shutter speed was 1/40, so the background is very blurry, as well as his feet are slightly blurred. This was hard because I did not have many tries to get this image.




No comments:

Post a Comment