Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Portraits



I chose this photo of Charly to represent the wall chill pose. I felt like this was a strong photo because there are no distractions in the background. To get this photo, I told him to lean on the wall, and made sure to get the green leaves in the background. The only challenge was getting him to smile with his teeth. To get him to smile with his teeth, I had to ask him. I feel like I was successful in making this picture strong, and if I could make any changes I would ask him to have a more genuine smile.

-


I picked this photo for my environmental example. I love this photo because it is his true emotion, not a fake smile. He was trying to balance the soccer ball on his head, and as it almost fell, he laughed as he tried to catch it. This photo was not challenging to take because my model was comfortable with a soccer ball, as it is the sport he plays. The challenge I had with the environmental shots was trying to make sure my shutter speed was fast enough while still getting an okay depth of field. I think the best part of this photo is his raw emotion, and the only thing that could make it stronger is if there was not a patch of light on his sweatshirt.

-


I chose this photo of Swania as my best seated photo. I think the lighting is very flattering and the pose looked nice too. Working with this model was very easy because she was full of different poses and wasn't afraid to smile. I think the biggest success of this picture is how nice the lighting was, and how perfect her skin looks. The only change I would make if I could would be to remove the light patches on the dirt in the background.

-


I picked this picture for my favorite standing tall. I think it represents 'standing tall' very well because she looks very confident, which is made clear by the hand on her hip. This photo was also easy to capture because she knew what she was doing, and wasn't afraid to strike a pose. I think again this lighting is very nice and flattering. The challenges of getting this photo were mostly lighting-related. There was almost no possible way to take a photo that didn't have spotted sun from the trees in the background.

-


This is the photo I chose for the "wild card" category. I think it is a very flattering photo because there is no direct sunlight hitting her face. To get this photo, she just had to smile, so it was quite simple. To get the depth of field I desired, I had to stand pretty far away from her and zoom in. I made sure my camera was on aperture priority as well. A challenge I faced was trying to not include the sky in the back of the photo, as it distracts the eye from the main point of the object. I tried my best though, and most of the background is only green trees. If I could change this photo, I would have tried to get more of the green tree in the background and less sky, and I would try to make my model look less washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment